Published: November 2020
This is invisible
High-Speed Copper & Fiber Optic Connectors
- What technical and economic factors may be changing the copper vs. fiber selection process? What may be the practical bandwidth limit of a copper interface? What are the primary advantages of fiber optic communication links?
- In what applications do mid-board optical transceivers make sense? What is driving interest in “jump-over” cable technology? What advantages do co-packaged optics bring to system design? Are co-packaged optics an interim step toward optical computing?
- What are the distance limitations (reach) of high-speed copper channels? How is the performance of high-speed copper interconnects quantified? Are there any new technologies that will significantly improve the performance of copper cable assemblies?
- What standard writing organizations are actively developing the specifications that define the performance of high-speed copper and fiber optic links?
- What applications will continue to drive exponential demand for data center capacity and speed? Are active optical cables a long-term solution or a transitional tool between copper and fiber networks? How does thermal management issues impact I/O connector selection?
- What is the current market for medium to short-length high-speed copper cable assemblies? What is the five-year world forecast by region for these assemblies? What is the current market and five-year world forecast for high-speed fiber optic interconnects?
Bishop & Associates research report, High-Speed Copper & Fiber Optic Connectors explores these issues and others. This report offers a snapshot of fiber optic and high-speed copper connector technology and markets as it exists in the fall of 2020, and defines what may be the first steps of a major evolutionary change in the market for this class of interfaces. Be prepared for this change. Order your copy of High-Speed Copper & Fiber Optic Connectors.
Published: April 2018
This is invisible
Fiber Optic Connector and Cable Assembly Market 2017-2022
Important in nearly every aspect of the connector industry, fiber optic technologies are playing an increasingly key role in the future growth of the connector industry.
- Which fiber optic connector and assembly types currently dominate the market? Will this change in the next five years?
- Which fiber optic connector types will exhibit strongest growth over the next five-years? What fiber optic connector types will show the least growth?
- What applications are driving the growth of fiber optic connectors and assemblies?
- In which market sector are fiber optic connectors and assemblies most prevalent? Will this change over the next five-years? What types of applications within this sector are driving this growth?
- Which suppliers are best aligned to address this growing market?
Bishop & Associates newest research report, Fiber Optic Connector and Cable Assembly Market 2017-2022, provides answers to these questions and others. A product type that is finding application in every market sector, fiber optic connectors are forecasted to be one of the strongest growing connector types over the next five-years. What are the market trends? What technology developments lead to new FO connector design? And in which regions will the greatest growth occur? Make sure your company is prepared as the market for fiber optic connectors explodes, order your copy of Fiber Optic Connector and Cable Assembly Market 2017-2022.
Published: October 2016
This is invisible
Impact of Disruptive Innovations on Electronic Interconnects
What potential effect will new and innovative technologies have on electronic interconnects in the years to come?
- What does the future hold for copper, fiber, and wireless interconnects? Will one outpace the other?
- Which innovative technologies have the potential to drastically change the traditional process for new electronic interconnect development?
- Can existing connector design and manufacturing technology produce connectors that will satisfy future application requirements via sustaining innovation?
- Will the convergence of potentially disruptive technologies appearing on the horizon begin to obsolete many traditional interconnects as we know them?
- What new technical requirements may spur the interconnect industry to take a more proactive role in the development of interconnect technology?
The evolution of connector design has traditionally followed a well-developed path. A need is recognized, a product designed, and the growth cycle begins. Will new innovations, their rate of adoption, and the technologies they represent change this path? Examining 10 potentially disruptive technologies, and their effect on traditional copper, fiber and wireless interconnect, is Bishop & Associates newest research report, Impact of Disruptive Innovations on Electronic Interconnects. Don’t let the past define your path to the future, order your copy of the Impact of Disruptive Innovations on Electronic Interconnects today.
Published: January 2011
This is invisible
This 13-chapter research report explores the rapidly evolving technology and interface components supporting data transmission via optical fiber.
This report includes a tutorial addressing the basics of optical transmission, as well as a review of current and recently announced connectors offered by leading suppliers.
Typical applications in both military and commercial are discussed.